birth like a mother: birth basics group antenatal course
This is a short course, designed for you and your birth partner to get an overview of what to expect when you go into labour, the options available to you (birth choices) and a quick overview of the things you can both do to have the most empowering birth available to you.
Just because it’s a third of the length of our full antenatal course, doesn’t mean it’s not going to prepare you to experience the birth YOU want.
We support an INFORMED and SUPPORTED birth and not only will you get all the information you need during the four hours, you’ll also be able to join our pregnancy and baby WhatsApp group for support from professionals and other parents in the same position as you.
- The science behind the mind, body connection and why we fear birth
- How our body works during labour
- The hormones of labour and birth
- Hypnobirthing techniques to aid pain management, including breathing and visualisation techniques
- The importance of the birth environment
- Role of the birth partner
- Optimal positioning for pregnancy, labour and birth
- Birth rights – am I allowed?
Faye is our Birth Basics course leader. Here’s her explaining what to expect when you go into labour.